Kurt Christenson ** Timothy Mucci ** Johnny Gatts ** Brian Bannen ** Rick Lacy ** YOU!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Mac Tonnies: Oct. 22, 2009

In his own words "I spend an inordinately large portion of my time pursuing unpopular ideas and esoteric theories with what I sincerely hope is balanced skepticism."

"I'm a skeptic, agnostic and existentialist; I perceive reality as a kind of consensual hallucination that forces us to define our sense of identity without recourse to faith or superstition."

A true bright star in a field of darkness has gone out. Tonnies death saddens me greatly; I'd been following his up-and-coming career through his articles and interviews, always meaning to pick up one of his books, but always thinking that there'd be time for that. He'd have a long career. He was a new breed of net-savvy futurism, forteana and forward thinking.

I hope he finds the answers to that greatest mystery of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter dreamweaver
web counter html code