Kurt Christenson ** Timothy Mucci ** Johnny Gatts ** Brian Bannen ** Rick Lacy ** YOU!

Monday, June 28, 2010

LEGO Games We Want To See


From the moment I first played the original LEGO Star Wars game, I was in love. How could such a silly idea be so good? And it
was good - so good, it almost made me forget how terrible the prequel trilogy is. Successive entries in the LEGO game franchise have been great as well, but I was a little disappointed to find out the next installment would be LEGO Harry Potter. I could list a TON of movies that would make great LEGO games - in fact, I'll do so right now!

MOVIES THAT WOULD MAKE GREAT LEGO GAMES:

LEGO Goonies (hands down the best idea I've ever had)
LEGO Back to the Future
LEGO Die Hard Trilogy
LEGO Kill Bill
LEGO TRON
LEGO Aliens
LEGO X-Men
LEGO Blade Runner
LEGO Complete Career of Arnold Schwarzenegger (yes, including LEGO Kindergarten Cop)


However, once I started that list I realized the real fun would be in imagining the
worst possible movies for a LEGO game. And so, without further ado:

MOVIES THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE GAMES BUT REALLY FUNNY TO SEE AND/OR WERE FUN TO PUT THE WORD LEGO INTO THE TITLE:

The LEGO English Patient
Lost in LEGO Translation
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless LEGO
The Silence of the LEGOS
When LEGO Harry Met LEGO Sally
A Room with a View of LEGOs
Pride and Prejudice and LEGOS
LEGO Brokeback Mountain
LEGO Casablanca
What about Bob's LEGOS?
Gone with the Wind... and LEGO
To Kill a LEGO Mockingbird
Dumb and Dumber, LEGO and LEGO-ER!
Twelve Angry LEGO Men
LEGO Field of Dreams
The Ten LEGO Commandments ("PHAROAH, LET MY PEOPLE LEGGO!")


These are just the few that came to me off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of others. What do you think? Leave your best or worst LEGO ideas in the comments and put my list to shame!

11 comments:

  1. I realllllly want LEGO Lord of the Rings, but that seems too good to be true. So, I vote for LEGO LOST, which would be mostly LEGO people standing around talking in LEGO-speak with occasional running and gunplay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss LEGO Lord of the Rings? Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEGO Gundam, or whatever... it's just back
    http://kotaku.com/5574170/giant-gundam-nearly-completed

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Army of LEGO Darkness / LEGO Evil Dead!?

    Or uh...uh...Night of the Living LEGOS! DAWN OF THE DEAD LEGO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lego David Lynch.

    Doesn't really matter what movie...but Blue Velvet LEGO would probably work the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LEGO James Bond. They could do a few levels from each move in the whole franchise! That would be more exciting than the probably-going-to-be-disappointing-and-break-my-heart Goldeneye "remake"

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Lego Portal
    2.Lego Marvel
    3.Lego LOTR+The Hobbit
    4.Lego Pirates of the Carribean
    5.Lego James Bond
    6.Lego Star Trek
    7.Lego Prince of Persia
    8.Lego Spider-Man
    9.Lego Futurama (films)
    10.Lego Shrek (maybe)
    11.Lego Zoro

    ReplyDelete

hit counter dreamweaver
web counter html code